"We need stronger leadership at all levels"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

A comment from a member of staff at the Listening event today;

We need stronger leadership at all levels and have more pride in the great initiatives that are currently underway as we have some fantastic staff.

Response from Amy Gaskin-Williams, Service User and Carer Involvement and Experience Manager, Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thanks again for helping to gather people's views at the Listening Event at Highbury Hospital.

All comments have been shared with the senior management team who oversee Highbury, and I'm sure they will respond.

It's my strong belief that they will agree with you that the division has some fantastic staff who are having a very positive impact on people's lives.

Thanks again,

Response from Andrea Ward, General Manager , Mental Health Services for Older People, Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thanks you for your comments on leadership - I'm in complete support of your views.

In MHSOP we're always working hard to develop good leaders at all levels and encourage staff to develop their skills through all the training and development opportunities that the Trust makes available.

I can really recommend the Invest to Lead events that are about to begin again in 2014.