"Cherry Ward: People come to this hospital and get better"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Inpatient

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Posted on behalf of a service user on Cherry Ward (older people's mental health) at Highbury Hospital:

We get everything we need - food, care, things sorted out for us. We are so well cared for. We feel helpless a lot of the time, because we're older and maybe not as good at getting around, but here they don't make you feel helpless. People come to this ward and they get better.

I don't see a lot of the doctors, but I see lots of nurses and they're all very nice. Everyone always looks very busy, getting on with their jobs. I am sure they do a good job.

Staff always ask if I'm alright, how I'm doing. They are friendly.

Response from Andrea Ward, General Manager , Mental Health Services for Older People, Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive comments about the care that the staff give. it is always good for them to know that what they're doing is really making a difference in helping people to get better. Best wishes for a continued recovery.