"I can't thank them enough"

About: Western General Hospital / General Medicine

I was admitted to hospital due to severe cellulitis and an ulcer. While in the hospital I was struck down with a blood clot in my lungs and also the noro virus. I was treated with the utmost respect and care. Having spent around six weeks in hospital you get to see quite a lot in the daily running of the words. I was given physio each day to help get my fitness levels up. I can't remember all the staff nurse send nurses names but I do remember Elaine as she looked after the dressing of my legs, also Fraser. Anyway my point is I can't thank them enough.

Response from Stuart Wilson, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, NHS Lothian

Dear Alicat1161,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us about the care you have received and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I am glad your experience, despite being prolonged, was made easier by the care you received from our staff.

I have passed on your feedback to the team at the Western General Hospital and I know they will be pleased to hear of your experience.