"MRI scan"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I went for an MRI scan , when I was in the scanner waiting for ear plugs and head phones I was disgusted to see the operator, tear open the ear plug packet with their teeth and squashes the plugs at one end with his fingers before handing them to me , this was the mobile unite , so the man had come over to the MRI area and walked me over to the mobile unit ,I had not seen him wash his hands at all , feeling and nervous I didn't say any thing , but feel I should say some thing as this is not really very nice at all and not acceptable .

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I was dissapointed to read your comments and have asked the relevent quality manager to inivestigate this and share your comemnts with the team

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager