"Just how ill do you need to be to actually see a cardiologist?"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Cardiology

My mother had a heart attack in March 2013. She was given an appointment to see the Cardiologist in April 2013. This was soon cancelled and another appointment arrived in the mail for November 2013. Again, this was cancelled and yet another appointment arrived in the mail for February 2014. Yes, you have guessed it, this appointment has now also been cancelled. She is awaiting her fourth appointment which will almost certainly be a good 18 months after her heart attack where she required surgery at the Golden Jubilee Hospital and was fighting for her life. Just how ill do you need to be to actually see a cardiologist? I have now written a complaint to the RAH Appointments Dept and I am waiting on a reply.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear allie w

Thank you for posting to Patient Opinion with your comments. We have various members of staff reviewing these issues but in the meantime it would be useful if you could provide us with your details by e-mailing paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk in order for us to further investigate.

Kind Regards

Paul

Dear Allie W

Without wishing to be too presumptious my colleagues have advised me that an appointment was provided by staff involved in looking at a very similar set of circumstances, and I hope that this was indeed for your mother.

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

It is very difficult to be precise about the outcome of your posting and whether this is the same as the issue we think we have resolved, as the Patient Opinion website provides anonymous feedback, but I very much hope that we have made a correct assumption and that your mother's appointment was sorted out for you.

Kind Regards