"Crisis Team very unhelpful"

About: Dumbarton Joint Hospital/Riverview Resource Centre / General Psychiatry Victoria Integrated Care Centre / General Psychiatry

I went to my GP after I started feeling very low after coming off medication prescribed by local consultant Psychiatrist over the past three week. I was told to telephone the crisis team based in Dumbarton's Riverview Centre, I spoke to the on-call CPN who advised she would contact my consultant based at the Jeanie Deans Centre in Helensburgh. The CPN was advised by the consultant him to inform me that the only option is to give me an early appointment rather than giving me anything to start on.

I later telephoned my GP to advise of what I was told. The GP later telephoned me and left a message to say basically they didn't know what else to do and that their hands are tied but would drop the consultant line to see what they wanted to do.

I am now feeling very depressed frustrated not sleeping as I haven't been given anything nor help in relation to the issues I feel the psychiatry team are not interested in my issues my GP has raised and I am being left over the festive period with no medication to help me when they know my medical history

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear Waterloo

Really sorry to hear how you have been feeling and can understand that this is exacerbated by the frustration of not getting an immediate response. I feel sure it wont be that they are not interested but are doubtless struggling with many competing demands at this time of year. I am not sure if NHS Highland can provide assistance but I will liaise with colleagues and will post any updates.

Hopefully the Consultant or someone from their team has been in touch.