"mum with baby"

I have been called by 111 service in emergency and told that need to be admitted in queen Elizabeth hospital,anyhow I told everyone that I have my 2 months baby which is on breastfeeding need to be stay with me and I have no other arrangements for it. Any how I have been forced to send baby any where they don't care she is on breastfeeding and no doctor is available to advise you that which milk is suitable for her or I have to take selfdischarge which is against medical advise ,other options they will call social services ,I was admitted but I can look after my child ,my baby was with me whole day but they make me to go for selfdischarge At 23:00pm to go home and come back in morning8:00am . Next day I come on 8:00am and admitted till 21:00pm but even I asked several times that my baby is on breastfeeding can you please give me lunch or dinner only sandwich give n tome .which even I told them please give me proper dinner I am in hospital so long and because of baby I must need it but they bluntly refused it and In such way I feel embarrassed .

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We welcome all feedback and would like to assure you that all comments are taken seriously and acted upon as part of our ongoing commitment to improving patient experience. We are very disappointed and concerned to hear about your experience during your visit to our Emergency Department and after being admitted to our hospital with you baby. Your feedback has been forwarded to the Matron for the Emergency Department. The Matron is very keen to hear more about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss it further. If you would like to do this please make contact via our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team who will make the necessary arrangements. PALS can be contacted by phone 0121 371 3280, by email PALS@uhb.nhs.uk , via the hospital website http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/pals-form.htm or in person by dropping in between 9am – 4.30pm (Mon-Fri) to the PALS office located to the left of the Information Desk in the main entrance of the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.