"Wonderful caring nursing staff"

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I had to take my husband to the nurse led Urology clinic yesterday. He needed to be seen in a hurry and they were able to fit him in at very short notice, for which we were most grateful. The standard and quality of care he received could not be bettered. The nursing staff were so competent, caring and compassionate. The nurse who dealt with my husband, I'm sure she had other patients that day but when she was with us it was as if we were the only ones in the hospital who mattered. She was extremely efficient, knowledgeable, explained everything she was doing and was very reassuring, especially to me as I was very anxious. She and the other nursing staff my husband came into contact with were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Going to hospital is rarely a pleasant experience but if it is a necessity then you couldn't be in finer hands.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mrs Saxton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Wansbeck Hospital. Reading the description of the care that your husband received from the team in the Urology clinic was very reassuring and made me feel very proud of the great staff who work there.

Ensuring that our patients feel safe and truly cared for in a way that is respectful and compassionate is absolutely our priority. I am so pleased to know that this was the case for you and your husband.

I will ensure that your very kind words are sent on to the team, so they are given the opportunity to learn how much this meant to you and your husband.

With all best wishes