"Post-op things went rapidly downhill"

About: Crawley Hospital / General surgery

Everything up to and including the operation went well. The staff were all lovely. I knew I was a day surgery patient but post-op things went rapidly downhill. I was in severe pain and although the anaesthetist came to see me I was told I had had the maximum pain relief. It didn't feel so to me. I repeatedly told staff I was in pain and did not want to leave but was ushered out of the door at 4pm. By midnight I had been taken by ambulance to Mayday hospital where I spent the next 8 days on I.V. Antibiotics and strong painkillers. 3 doctors have said I should not have been sent home. Unfortunately I will not be returning to Crawley hospital.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Kimmy66

I am very sorry to read about your recent Day Surgery experience at Crawley Hospital.

I would like to look to find out what happened, so if you could e-mail me your details I will ask someone to look into this and we will get back to you as soon as possible. My details are ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk.

Regards