"Maxillofacial & Orthodontic Unit"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

My 13 year old son needed a small operation to expose a tooth so he could have braces fitted. The Operation went well and I was very impressed with the level of service in the childrens ward and Theatre. We were told that my son would have a follow up appointment within three weeks. The appointment letter never arrived and it appeared my son was forgotten. I have since contacted the department and this is the case. He was eventually seen some 7 months later but has only just gone onto the waiting list for braces. Today I had to attend my local post office delivery office to pay £1.50 for a letter from the hospital detailing the results of the appointment as they never put a stamp on the letter! My delivery office is an 8 mile round trip from my home. Is this the new way for the hospital to save money? I would have preferred an email...

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

The Trust is sorry to hear of your experience, we understand that we made a very good experience turn into a negative experience, your comments have been passed to the responsible managers for their information and action. If you would like to discuss this further or make a complaint then please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01908 243633 or 01908 243181 or alternatively e-mail patientexperience@mkhospital.nhs.uk or write to the main hospital address. Thank you.