"Both the anaesthetist and consultant were first class"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery Perth Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

I initially attended Crosshouse Hospital for surgery. The doctor was very indifferent and I wasn’t impressed by the manner. The surgery failed because my stitches came out in the bath, but I wasn’t told after surgery that I wasn’t allowed to bathe for a while.

When I went back to my GP, I told him I didn’t want to go back to Crosshouse, and asked to go to Perth. The consultant, was kind, nice and showed genuine concern.

After loads of investigation, I had surgery. Everyone was very kind. I’m afraid of needles but the team really helped – the anesthetist in particular was really good to me.

I just wanted to say how amazing the consultant was and the anesthetist – both were first class.

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Address419

I am so sorry to hear of the very distressing experience you had when you were at University Hospital Crosshouse and I can understand why you felt you did not want to return to us for further surgery.

I would very much like to hear from you directly to discuss your experience further and to get some background information, if this would be agreeable with you.

I can be contacted on kate.macdonald@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or on 01292 513607.

Kate Macdonald

Nurse Directorate

NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Response from Tracey Passway, Clinical Governance and Risk Team Leader, Clinical Governance and Risk, NHS Tayside

NHS Tayside welcomes your feedback. Thank you. Your comments will now be shared with the relevant department.