"Royal Free disabled bay parking"

About: Royal Free Hospital

I too received a £100 Parking Charge Notice (PCN) even though I was parked in a disabled bay displaying my blue badge. According to the PCN the act of parking in the RFH car park means that I agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in the signage along with other terms and conditions (not specified) of the RFH car park. Which in effect means regardless of whether you see/read the signs you automatically enter into a contract with the appointed managing company Parking Eye Limited.

At no time was I notified by the RFH that disabled patients were required from November 2013 to register their blue badges at reception or the security room by A&E. It is apparent that RFH managers priority is to supplement reduced government funding by hitting the most vulnerable patients. If any other blue badge patients have been affected they are welcome to contact me assuming Patient Opinion allows me to show this email address.

Response from Patient Opinion

Dear the hoarse whisperer

Thanks for sharing your experience and sorry, but we have removed the email address. However, if others have experiences they can share them on the website and we'll make sure it gets passed on. That way we can all see the information being shared.

Thanks again