"Broken wrist in Spain, sorted in Hayle"

About: St Michael's Hospital (Hayle)

I broke my wrist in Spain after falling on my outstretched palm, it was initially put in a cast by the Spanish, who informed me that it would require surgery. I elected somewhat foolishly to wait until I got back to the UK. To cut a long story short, 20 days later I finished up in St Michaels's St Joseph ward with a fracture that had probably already tried to set in the wrong position. The last time I had a general anaesthetic was in 1966, so I was a little apprehensive, however speaking with the anaesthetist, he talked me through the options and I elected to have a nerve block. and be awake throughout the procedure. Thank you to him for the choice and the friendly banter. The Surgeon was next to talk to me and he gave me a frank chat on what I could expect during and after the operation, it was going to be a difficult one and would require 'manipulation' I needn't have worried as all staff, nurses, doctors, surgeons and porters were so friendly and reassuring including the young nurse who chatted to me all the way through the surgery, taking my mind off what was happening. Well done! St Michaels, you are a credit to the NHS.

Response from St Michael's Hospital

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We'll make sure it is passed onto the team at St Michael's.