"Excellent weekend care of an elderly patient"

About: City Hospital campus / Older people's healthcare

My mother was admitted to Berman 1 ward of Nottingham University Hospital City Hospital campus with a suspected stroke during a Saturday lunchtime in November.

She was given a brain scan, medically assessed and admitted to the ward for observation.

By the time I visited her the following day, (a Sunday) she had been thoroughly washed, had a full assessment by an occupational therapist and was visited by a speech therapist as well as medical staff.

It was decided that she had not had a stroke but a Transient Ischaemin Attack.

My mother's care home was contacted by the staff to ensure they were able to cope with her, and she was discharged back to their care. , fully satisfied with the excellent care given by all staff concerned

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are all very pleased to hear how happy you are with your mother’s care and medical treatment at Stroke Services. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our colleagues on Berman 1 ward – everyone involved in her care will be glad to read them. We all hope she is now doing well back at her care home and continues to be well looked-after.

Dawn Good