"I have been under the care of ..."

About: Salisbury District Hospital

I have been under the care of the Rheumatology dept since moving to the area and they have been wonderful. I have always been told of any delays in my appt time due to emergency referrals etc and been spoken to as a person not just a patient that the doctors have decided they want to do x y z with.

I have also had to accompany my son to have a day surgery carried out which was very distressing - nobody likes to see their child going under the knife. The staff on the day surgery ward kept me informed of how he was doing at all stages and soothed my nervousness. I am so very grateful to them for making a stressful day for me run so smoothly.

I have recently discovered I am expecting another child and I would not dream of going anywhere other than Salisbury for my maternity care.

Until I got used to the hospital it could be a little confusing trying to find the different departments.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you very much for these comments which have been passed on to the departments you have mentioned. We are pleased that you feel that you have been treated as an individual at Salisbury District Hospital.

You are not the first person to tell us that it can be difficult to find your way around the hospital. It is for this reason that we are currently in the process of putting up new signs which we hope will be more helpful for our patients and visitors.