"Everyone I have seen has been marvelous and I'd give everyone 100%"

About: Northern General Hospital / Gastroenterology Rotherham Hospital / Gastroenterology Rotherham Hospital / General medicine Weston Park Hospital

I had severe stomach pains, and I did not feel like eating anything. After returning back home I went to local GP who thought I had gallstones. Arranged for a scan at Rotherham Walk-in Centre. They confirmed I had gallstones.

I had an appointment at Rotherham Hospital to see a doctor who thought I might have stones lodged in my bile duct. I had a blood. A couple of days later I had an endoscopy procedure, but couldn't find any stones in my bile duct.

Had a gastroscopy which revealed some cells what could become cancerous and would refer me to Northern General Hospital.

Appointment in out patients and had arranged aftercare. I had operation and was then transferred to high dependency unit the days after. I was then transferred to Firth 9 and stayed there for 31 days until discharged.

District nurse visited twice a week to check in. Then saw consultants, normal check up, blood tests. Visited Weston Park Hospital to ask if I needed chemotherapy but decided against.

Swelling on leg, visited Rotherham Hospital, had a scan to make sure there were no clots. Had an infection each day for 5 days, then another scan which was clear and then discharged.

I saw consultant who was satisfied with my progress, as was the dietician. My experiences with Rotherham and Sheffield with everyone I have seen has been marvelous and I'd give everyone 100%.

I'm making good progress. My next appointment is some time down the line.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mole737, thank you for your post on Patient Opinion. We really appreciate patient feedback and we are pleased to hear that your experiences with The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust and everyone you have seen have been marvellous.

Your feedback will be passed onto the staff concerned,

With best wishes,

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mole737

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind words about your treatment at the Northern General and Weston Park Hospitals.

I will pass these on to the staff involved and wish you well in your further treatment.