"I have still not heard about where I need to go for my heart monitor appointment"

About: Derriford Hospital / Cardiology

I had an appointment with the cardiology department at Dereford hospital when I was told that the doctor wanted to put me on a 24 hour monitoring system. It is now 3 months later and I have still not heard about where I need to go.

My GP has shown me on their computer that I have an appointment on a specific date but it does not show where the appointment will be – it could be at any of the hospitals in this area. Also the information shows that the appointment is at a time that means I shall have to drive there and back at considerable cost.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Loot821

I am sorry that you have not heard about your cardiac monitoring investigation and I would be happy to make enquiries on your behalf if you could contact me at the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) inbox at plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net or on the PALS phone which is 01752 439884. If the PALS team are on another call, please leave a message for Mary with a return telephone number and I will contact you to discuss.

I hope to hear from you soon so that we speak to the Cardiology team and obtain some news for you.

With best wishes