"All in all a very pleasant and efficient service"

About: Ayr Hospital / Clinical haematology

My appointment was at a specific time and only had to wait 10 minutes to see a doctor and then only had to wait 5 minutes to see the second doctor.

This doctor was nice and straight to the point. They let me speak and answered all my questions really satisfactory. I then went to have my bloods taken by some very nice staff.

I left the hospital just as my bus arrived to take me home so all in all a very pleasant and efficient service.

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Searcher742

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Haematology Department at University Hospital Ayr. It sounds like you had a very smooth running appointment and we are delighted to hear that.

Our staff work really hard to give great care and I will be passing your posting onto my colleagues in Haematology, it will give them a real boost.

Great also to hear that your bus arrived as you left the hospital - a super ending to your appointment!

Thank you again.