"The Spires Delivery Experience"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I recently gave birth to my second daughter in The Knowles Suite in The Spires at John Rafcliffe. My experience was absolutely wonderful. My first labor was on a delivery ward at a different hospital. I had no complaints and was treated well and received sufficient care before being transferred onto a ward. My experience at the JR was untouchable. The staff were so caring and friendly, whilst keeping me feeling calm and well looked after. The birth experience was excellent and facilitated me doing what felt most natural and therefore I was able to maintain a strong sense of calm and control throughout. Afterwards we were moved into a private room which was totally relaxing, quite and provided the perfect opportunity to bond with our new baby. I couldn't fault a single moment of the care I received. Rather than feeling exhausted and drained after a night of labor and childbirth, I left feeling euphoric and buzzing from the whole experience. Thank you so much.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding your recent labour and delivery at the Spires Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital. I was delighted to hear that all went well and your baby daughter was safely delivered and you were afforded the time to recover and bond with her prior to your discharge. It is always nice for the Trust to receive such positive feedback and your comments will be passed on to the relevant staff. Should you, in future, wish to contact the Trust directly with any comments or concerns you may have, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01865 221473 or at palsjr@ouh.nhs.uk.