"Connection"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I tried to get through to the isolation unit this morning to hopefully speak to someone about my brother who has been there for a couple of days. Upon eventually getting through to the switchboard I asked for the ward in question and 4 times I was put through to the 'critical ward unit' I spent at least 15-20 mins waiting, holding and being put through to the wrong dept. For both parties this is not acceptable as having been involved with someone who spent time on the critical ward unit I am fully aware they have neither the time nor incline to receive calls which are not relevant! All in all I just wanted to speak with someone who will tell me what treatment my brother is receiving (I am a point of contact for him) and what happens next as the two evenings my family have been going to see him they are unable to find someone who will discuss this.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback. We are concerned to read your comments and would welcome the opportunity to investigate further. Please could you contact Customer Care on 01772 522521 so that we can discuss the issues and see what we can do to try and resolve them.