"Lucy Wade Unit Christmas Community meeting"
About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Nottingham NG3 6AA
Posted by Jocq7 (as ),
I am completing this on behalf of the community who attended the Lucy Wade Christmas Community Meeting as part of the Patient Feedback Challenge. This is a weekly meeting which is an open forum. For the meeting held 2/12/13 we ran with a Christmas theme and had a guest from the Rosewood Centre.
All of the community have discussed how fantastic it was to have our guest and our ward PSW discussing their Recovery journeys. This has inspired members of the community to find out more about the Rosewood Centre and a number have taken details of the Centre with a view to visit. A great outcome for all.
Discussion with the community identified that the benefit of the speakers was such that this is something that all would like to see repeated. The ward are actively seeking speakers to meet this request.
Other Feedback included -
- Regarding members of the team which was all positive. One HCA was specifically recognised for their excellent approach to others.
- Meals were good although for the best choice need to get to the canteen early.
- The ward is kept clean and tidy by the domestic team
- One person said that the ward feels very reassuring when they walked onto it.
- One person suggested that clearer information on admission may be beneficial
- The community suggested that 'film night' was moved from a Saturday night to Friday as there were usually TV programmes people liked to watch on Saturday. It was agreed that this would be trialed.
- The ward Christmas decorations were complimented
For our first big themed Community meeting the feedback was flowing : )