"Doctor was fantastic"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

I was advised to go into a&e after months of anxiety which my doctor refused to recognise. I had never experience mental health problems before and felt my life was spiralling out of control. I had struggled for 5 months to try to get treatment from my GP and don't really know what I would have done had I not went into a&e.

I spoke with a doctor on the a&e department and explained my problems. I can truly say it was the first time in 5 months that I felt that someone might actually help me. I am normally a very strong together individual and to find myself in that situation was incredibly difficult. The doctor was fantastic. I understand the time pressures staff must be in working in a&e, but he made me feel that he truly was going to help make things better. He arranged for me to speak with psychiatry that evening. From that moment, I felt that I was moving forward. Its incredible that it only took 1 good doctor to start to give me my life back. Thank you.

Response from Shona Welton, Head of Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear BLUEO

Just a brief message to thank you for your posting about the doctor you saw in A&E at Wishaw General Hospital. It was so good to hear you had such a positive experience and I will certainly make the senior consultant in the department know about this.

I do hope things are looking up for you now.