"Breaking my leg"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

In October 2013. I fell in my bathroom causing an open fracture to my right leg.

I called the ambulance service, who supported we till the ambulance arrived. The ambulance crew were fantastic and soon had the situation under control.

Because of their excellent work my leg has been saved! I can't thank them and all concerned enough.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi limpyjohn

Thank you for sharing your story - I'm very pleased to hear that you and your leg are on the mend.

It is very rewarding to hear how our staff are continuing to provide excellent service to patients when they need it most. We can pass your thanks to the ambulance staff involved in your care, but to do this we need some specific information regarding the date and time of your call. May I ask you to contact me at your convenience on either sara.coburn@swast.nhs.uk or 01392 261 552.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide your feedback

Sara

Dear limpyjohn

Thank you for contacting us directly.

Using the extra information you gave we have been able to identify the members of staff involved, and have logged formal thanks on your behalf.

Thanks once again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Laura