"Outstanding treatment following a heart attack"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

I suffered a heart attack on Friday 22nd November, 2013. I have never felt so distressed in my life. But from the moment my husband placed the 999 call I knew everything would be OK. Within 2 hours of the attack I was tucked up in the CCU having been through an operation to unblock an artery and insert a stent. All of the staff involved in my care were outstanding. I was treated with respect and dignity at all times and was kept informed about the operation and ongoing treatment. I am now at home and about to be visited by a Cardiac Nurse who will be guiding me through the rehab programme. I feel very positive about the future and can't thank everyone enough for what they have done/are doing for me. I am so fed up hearing negative comments about the NHS. They were there for me when I needed them and I am their biggest fan.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Gill Lyon

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in the Cardiology Department. We appreciate the time you have taken to do this. Your comments are valued and have been passed to the department concerned.