"looked after very well by all Depts"

About: Rotherham Hospital

Rushed to A&E in the early hours of a Saturday morning in extreme pain in upper abdomin. They checked me over and within ten minuets they were treating me getting blood tests and pain killers into me . Its fair to say i was scared and worried as I have never had anything like this so I was in fear of the unknown but the Staff were brilliant putting me at ease and explaining everything that was going on . Eventually my blood tests came back and they said it was pointing to my gall bladder (amazing how they figure that out from a drop of blood) Was then sent to ward B5 and later to B4 wards and on the Sunday Morning has a scan which showed they were spot on with what was wrong with me . The doctors ,nurses right down to the tea lady were great with me and I cannot thank them enough. from entering the hospital to leaving they were fantastic with me -thank you to all involved with me .

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

With best wishes,

Kerry

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Dear Sugna, thank you for your post via NHS Choices. We really appreciate patient feedback and are pleased to hear that you felt that all staff on the various wards and departments were fantastic with you. Your feedback and thanks will be passed on to the staff concerned, With best wishes, Kerry Please accept our sincere apologies for the significant delay in your receipt of our response. This response to your comment was published via the Patient Opinion website (www.patientopinion.org.uk) on 06/12/13. However, certain factors within the responses process have recently become known to us and subsequently highlighted that our response has not been received by you. Please be assured that the appropriate actions have been taken to ensure this does not happen again in future.