"I feel very unsupported and let down"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Community(County)

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

For and on behalf of a desperate parent. After being refered to CAMHS in July 2013 with my then 11 year old son I feel very unsupported and let down.

I feel that we have been pushed from pillar to post. A child who has tried to take his own life and is desperate for help and support along with his family.

After numerous hospital admissions for threating to take his own life and hearing voices, we are still (December 2013) waiting for help and support. Why do we have to wait?

Does my child have to harm himself or worse before someone helps? Please help us.

Response from Richard Glover, Team leader, CAMHS South, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Dear Parent/carer

First of all I would like to aplologise for the lack of support that you have experienced from our Services and would like to request that if you have time today, could you call me on (0115) 8440500 to discuss this further so that I may ascertain how I can assist in getting your child the support they need.

If today is inconvenient, you are welcome to contact my Service Manager, Wayne Bradford on Monday 23rd or Tuesday 24th December on (0115) 8440519.