"General medical"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

My father was attending an appointment in Outpatients C (haematology) when he collapsed, everyone was wonderful and looked after him fantastically, I caught up with him in A&E, where he had scans and xrays, all staff encountered there were brilliant. He then stayed overnight in Ward A, received some necessary treatment and later was discharged, again he was extreemly well looked after by all concerned. He is now on weekly visits to the hospital and is looked after very well at each visit. He has been diagnosed with Leukemia and now requires chemotherapy, with the help and reassurance of the Doctors and nurses at the clinic my 83 year old father is quite chipper. I can't thank everyone enough for their continued support.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am so pleases we were able to proved the right support and care to your father and have shared your thanks with the relevant staff

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager