"Terrible, Terrible, Terrible...."

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

My wife was recently seen by one of the skin specialists, who seemed to be clueless as to the condition my wife has. I am disgusted at the way that she has been treated and will be making a formal complaint. Apparently this 'specialist' has never heard of Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and is unaware that this is not a skin condition. A brief look on the web will tellyou that this is any disease in which the histologic abnormality is primarily an inflammatory infiltrate around the eccrine glands.[1]:780 This group includes neutrophilic eccrine hidradenitis and recurrent palmoplantar hidradenitis.[1]:780 It can also be defined more generally as an inflammation of sweat glands.[2] Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic cutaneous condition characterized by scarring of the apocrine sweat glands. It is exceedingly painful and yet she treated my wife as a hypochondriac and whinger. To say that I am furious would be to underestimate my feelings on the matter.

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your wife's treatment, Mr King. We will be happy to investigate your formal complaint and provide you with a full response.