"with much thanks and gratitude"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I am writing to express my deep thanks and gratitude to all the staff on Ward 20 in Wexham who recently treated my sister for a medicated miscarriage, following a 12 week loss. My sister was my gestational surrogate. Everyone we came into contact with was very understanding and showed great compassion. I would particularly like to highlight the ward matron, in her handling of the situation. She showed outstanding care and sensitivity, going out of her way to assist us both, especially relative to dealing with the baby’s body and funeral arrangements. Please could you pass our feedback to her Manager as we’d like her efforts and those of her staff to be duly recognised. Going through such a tragic event was never going to be easy but your staff made all the difference and helped us enormously in dealing with it. They are a credit to you and the hospital and we are so very grateful to them.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is so pleasing to hear how compassionate and understanding the team were, especially at such a difficult time for you and your family. We will ensure that your kind words are fed back to the team with specific mention of the Ward Matron.