"They listened to us and supported us"

About: King George Hospital / Cardiology King George Hospital / General medicine King George Hospital / Respiratory medicine

My Grandfather was initially admitted to King George Hospital a few days ago with a chest infection. When he suddenly had a severe attack of some sort, the doctors at first thought this to be a heart attack.

The Fern Ward nurses, doctors and ICU staff's response was excellent, so caring efficient and supportive. Our family was taken into a private room where we sat down and 2 doctors very carefully and sympathetically explained the situation to us.

They listened to us, and supported us, these people are extremely gifted individuals. The Doctor from ICU who came down to assess my Grandfather was so caring and efficient. He was rapidly moved to ICU and is now in a comfortable condition.

This country and its citizens should be proud to have the NHS. Should we have been in a less developed country my Grandfather would've died. We don't know how fortunate we are to have the NHS where there is no discrimination of race, age or of any other kind.

Thank you so much.

Response from King George Hospital

Thank you for your comments. I’m very glad that our staff gave your grandfather excellent care and reassurance, at what must have been an extremely distressing time for you all. I will make sure your kind words reach the staff concerned. Yours sincerely, Stephen Burgess Medical Director