"Variation in catering"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was an in patient two or three yrs ago and the catering was excellent. I have just been in again for a new knee what a difference the yrs make - the food was disgusting and there were 5 of us on the ward all of whom did not each much.

The choice was 2 items, for instance, fish, chips & mushy peas (so dry you could have played ball with it) or salad. One lady had salads every day, 2 were having toast whilst I was living on ice cream and the odd sandwich. Two or three people got family to bring food in but our appetites were zero. Which is not good for recovery as you need nourishment to heal.

The care was good but there were shortages of staff and people were buzzing for sometime, because they were seeing to others coming from theatre. Overall though, aside from the catering, it got me home.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback about the care and treatment we provide. Your comments have been noted and will be reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement and any actions that may be necessary. If you would like to provide further details, or would like a personal response, please email customer.care@lthtr.nhs.uk, or you can speak with our PALS team on 01772 522972