"Nottingham City Endoscopy Dept"

About: City Hospital campus

I had spent the previous three weeks feeling absolutely terrified about having a gastroscopy. I couldn't imagine having a tube down my throat and every waking moment was spent worrying about it. But when I met the nurse who was with me throughout the procedure she guided me through everything, reassured me and stayed with me all the time. I had sedation and a throat spray and, although I was conscious, I wasn't really aware of what was happening. The procedure seemed to take no time at all and I recovered very quickly. The results were discussed with my husband and me and everything was explained clearly. The staff were absolutely brilliant and I felt totally confident that I was in good and expert hands. Thank you all so much!

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

We’re very glad to hear your experience was a positive one, and that the nurse who looked after you cared for you and guided you through the procedure in the way she did. Everyone involved in your care will be pleased to read your feedback. We will pass your thanks on to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment - we hope that other people who may be worried about coming into hospital will be reassured by reading your story.

Response from City Hospital campus