"what a caring organisation!"

About: Zachary Merton Hospital

My Mum was in Zachary Merton last month and I cannot praise the staff and the care she received highly enough. it is clearly not a great building but the staff are lovely treating mum with such care and compassion but not patronising at all. they really made her smile and took her mind off her poor health. The meals were nice and a nurse would sit with mum and help her eat if I wasn't there. One day while Mum was with the Doctor and I was waiting out in the corridor a senior person of the health trust came up and introduced herself to me . She was very interested to know what I thought of the care and spent quite a bit of time talking to me and another relative a gentleman who was also waiting outside the ward. While we were talking she was also waving and saying hello to the nurses and was on first name terms with them, it made the place seem like a big family. The matron was also a lovely lady very smiley and always had time for me and my brother when we came to visit. can't fault it!

Response from Catherine O'Regan, Web and Social Media Manager, Marketing and Communications, Sussex Community NHS Trust

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We're glad your mother had such a good experience at Zachary Merton.

Response from Zachary Merton Hospital

What lovely feedback. Thank you. I’ll share it with the team. And I hope your matter is progressing well.