"Hand Surgery"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary

I was referred to the fracture clinic following initial assessment at my local treatment centre where I was diagnosed with two broken fingers. On my arrival at the fracture clinic I was seen by the Hand Surgeon before my scheduled appointment time. I was advised that I needed surgery on fix one of the fractures. The reasons were clearly explained to me and I was booked in for surgery the following day. It was the first time I had ever had ever needed surgery and I was quite apprehensive. The day surgery team were fantastic and everything was explained very clearly to me. This was very reassuring and put me at ease. I was home a few hours after surgery feel well and was booked into see the hand therapy team two days later to get a splint fitted. Since my surgery, the Hand Therapy support and outpatient reviews have all been on time and the advice and treatment have all been excellent. The treatment I have received has been first class and I want to thank all the staff at the BRI who are doing great job. We truly have wonderful NHS services in Bristol.

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on NHS Choices - we value all of the feedback that we receive.