"day care hernia opperation"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

My son was admitted to day care for two hernia operations today. Unfortunatley he was last on the list, the surgeon decided that he would not do both hernias. Only the one. my son was marked for both, written up for both. The surgeon said the groin hernia wasnt important. that if he was still in pain in a few months to go back! now my son has to go through GPs and referals and yet another anaesthetic! He asked the surgeon to reconsider but was refused. Please explane how this can happen?

I was sorry to read about your sons experience and I can understand your disappointment – would you be able to contact me directly at: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk with some more details and I can look into this further for you?

Response from Pilgrim Hospital