"a general comment"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Neurology Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics Nithbank Hospital / Rehabilitation

Since the first day I walked intro the GP's surgery at Port William, I have always been given the best, then it was time to start attending D&G Royal, the same was on the cards there, have always been treated very well from all the reception staff, porters, cleaners, nurses and of course the doctors, if there was something I didn't understand they have always taken the time to explain to me what was going on, I think you have to go into these places with the right attitude or you just wont get anywhere. I have seen some crackers the way they talk to staff, not nice, I am rather disabled now myself with various problems, including peripheral neuropathy, osteo arthritis in various joints, cervical spondulitis, and so on, the staff cant do enough for me, either holding on to me if I have to try and walk, I could go on, but I think you get the picture, from a very grateful patient.

Response from Michaela Cannon, Patient Feedback and Complaints Co-ordinator, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted you had an excellent care experience.

I have forwarded your comments to the staff concerned as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

If you have any further comments or improvements that you would like to suggest please do not hesitate to contact us.