"Getting hold of results"

About: The Whittington Hospital

I was told by a consultant on 4th Nov 2013 that my biopsy results will be sent directly to me within 14 days. It is now 22 days since my biopsy and I still can't have access to my result. I have been sent on a wild goose chase: after numerous phone calls, a medical secretary said the consultant was away and will ring me when she returned. When she did not call, I phoned Whittington again and was told that I now need to contact my GP. I rang my GP who says they haven't got the results. I now need to make an emergency appointment to ask my GP if he has my results. How inefficient and uncaring can NHS be.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty obtaining your biopsy results. I appreciate how frustrating and worrying this must be and would like to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. We are not able to respond personally to your individual case without the necessary information. Can we ask that you contact our PALS office on 020 7288 5551 and we will take some information from you and have this looked into urgently.