"my colorectal operation"

About: St James's University Hospital / Colorectal surgery

I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease some years ago. it effected my rectum and my big bowel. I had a temporary ileostomy then a total colectomy where my big bowel was removed. I was then given a permanent Ileostomy bag. not using my rectum I was advised to remove my back passage incase of cancer.

In 2013 I went for colorectal operation and my upper small bowel was damaged. I then was rushed in to theatre as a result had to dormant my permanent ileostomy and gave me a temporary ileostomy on my upper small bowel. I got MRSA in the process. then had infection.

now six month gone and have been told to go for reversal of my temporarily ilestomy operation. I have changed surgeon. scared to go for the operation. what would happen if I do not have the reversal operation. I am on laporomide and lanzoprasol. my care at the hospital was good. not for my first surgery but for my second as soon as they realised they have made a mistake.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear unfotunate sole

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. A member of the clinical team would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you on an individual basis. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.