"Uncaring"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

My wife is in Lincoln,Waddington ward, after being diagnosed with acute leukemia. She was put into her own side room and told to make it like home as she would be in there for 5 weeks whilst undergoing her first Chemotherapy. o we brought in pictures etc to display and make it homely. Today she was uprooted, abruptly, and put in a 4 bed size room with 6 beds in it. She has to be kept away from people because of infection? Is this the right treatment for my distraught wife.

I can appreciate your worry and concern and this should have been discussed with you and I know that sister has fed this back to the team. Again our apologies but thank you for feeding back to us.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

I was so sorry to read your posting; despite not having your personal details we were able to identify your wife and I understand that sister spoke with her and with you the next day. She was really sorry that your wife had to be moved but I hope that everything was explained and that you both subsequently felt a little easier about it. I can appreciate your worry and concern and this should have been discussed with you and I know that sister has fed this back to the team. Again our apologies but thank you for feeding back to us