"Amazing maternity care"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I've recently had a 5 day stay in the Jessop wing of the royal hallamshire hospital, following the birth of my son. Last year I unfortunately suffered a miscarriage and this current pregnancy proved to be complicated with no guarantee of a successful outcome. Thanks to the amazing care given by all the staff on G1 in the hallamshire and then further treatment in Jessop wing, I have now a wonderful baby boy. In particular , the care and support provided by my consultant whose care I've been under since week 6 of my pregnancy. He has been truly incredible from early pregnancy right through to the Caesarian section which he performed along with an equally wonderful surgical team. Every single member of staff that I have had the pleasure to deal with over the last 8 months have been warm, kind and incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Nurses, doctors, midwives consultants, anaesthetists, porters, support staff, radiologists, reception staff- everyone has been wonderful and I could never fully express my gratitude to each and everyone of them. A huge, huge thank you to them all from myself, my partner and my baby son.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Chapman

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your thoughts on the care provided to you during your recent pregnancy. I know the whole team will have been pleased to provide with such excellent care during this exciting time and I will pass on your kind words to them.

I hope you continue to enjoy your new family.