"Broken ankle while on holiday"

About: Derriford Hospital

On the 22 September 2013 I sustained an injury to my ankle while on holiday. I was taken by ambulance to Derriford Hospital arriving about 10 pm. I was examined almost immediately and waited a short time before going to x ray, prior to it being put in plaster and going to a ward. I was there until the following evening. At all times, the staff I met went out of their way to take very good care of me and make me feel comfortable. My safe transportation home was also arranged by the staff for which I am extremely grateful. Following surgery when I was home,I have just had the plaster taken off and am still struggling to walk. My thanks to Derriford Hospital for the care I received.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning and thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion.

Firstly, I was very sorry to read of the injury you sustained whilst on holiday leading to your admission to Derriford Hospital. I know the team here at Derriford will be pleased to read that you were treated promptly and that staff made sure that you were comfortable throughout your stay with us.

I do hope your ankle is now improving and wish you well with your on-going recovery.