"Appointment changed"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I waited a long time for an appointment which was booked over the telephone. I telephoned to confirm the details 2 days prior to the appointment as I had not received a letter only to be told that my appointment had been changed and I had missed it!!!! At no point have I received any correspondence via mail from the hospital regarding the appointment, I now have to wait another 2 months which is unacceptable. Surely the booking department could have contacted me by phone as they did in the first instance. I work shifts and had to book my appointment off from work in advance. This is not the first time mail has not been received from the hospital, I have previously had a letter confirming an appointment over a month late!

Response from Andrew Steggles, Acting Patient Information Officer, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

We are very sorry to hear that you have had this experience. You are welcome to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) either by emailing PALS@nuh.nhs.uk, or by telephoning 0800 183 0204, and they will look into the problems you have been having, to try and ensure this does not happen again.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre