"Injury was not bd enough!!"

About: Charing Cross Hospital

I had a minor accident on my bicycle at the busy Hammersmith Broadway roundabout and hurt myself. I was shaky and felt sick - shock I think - so I went to A & E Charing Cross to be checked out. I was seen by 3 people altogether: The receptionist was fine, booked me in quickly and gave me a vomit bowl. The triage Dr was ok - unfriendly, un-sympatric but did give me pain relief. The last person made me feel like I should not be in A & E. Her attitude was unfriendly, uncaring an quite bolshie. She questioned why I had a vomit bowl and wasn't interested in my injury saying I should expect to be swollen and bruised, which of course I did, and said she wouldn't do anything for me! I was so uncomfortable and upset I apologised for wasting her time and left! I thank God I wasn't seriously injured. This was a very different experience to one I had last December which was excellent.

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is sorry to hear about your accident and that you have cause to complaint about your experience at A&E at Charing Cross hospital. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust value your comments that you have made. This complaint has been passed to Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and PALS would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further. We would be grateful if you could kindly contact PALS on 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk.