"Outstanding care in A and E and Haldane ward..."

About: Northwick Park Hospital

I was admitted to A and E last Saturday with a stroke and can't thank everyone enough for the outstanding care I received both in A and E and also on Haldane ward. All the nursing staff were kind ,competent and respectful and worked well as a team.The doctors were very good at explaining the follow up procedures and results as well as giving advice.The pharmacist was excellent and gave us good advice regarding medication. My only area of concern having had blood taken both before and after my visit with no problem would be that it took 3 attempts each time various people tried to take blood.The needles seemed particularly fine and the plastic tourniquet bands kept breaking.I think someone needs to look at this and discuss it with your Vacutainer provider. Thankyou to the doctor and his team on Haldane ...you really are exceptional people doing a great job.

Response from Northwick Park Hospital

We were pleased to learn that you received such good care following your stroke. Your kind comments, along with your feedback in relation to your blood being taken will be passed on to the staff in the areas concerned.