"I was admitted through a&e ..."

About: Royal Free Hospital

I was admitted through a&e last October with Vasculitis which was diagnosed in December. I am very grateful to all the staff and support I received. I was placed on ward 5NA and Infectious Diseases. The staff were incredibly friendly and as I am only 19 the staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.

One night inparticular, I was taken very ill and needed the attention from the Intensive Care team, my doctor, who had come in to the hospital late at night as I was in such poor condition decided I was too ill to be moved and managed to bring the Intensive Care team down to me.

I am now receiving caemotheraphy monthly on the ward and do not have a bad word to say, the staff always make me feel welcome and comfortable.

Parking is very limited, and very costly. I have to spend all day at the hospital to receive caemo, from 8am untill 6pm at a cost of £3.00 per hour!!

Response from Royal Free Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments which have been passed onto the wards concerned. It’s always good to receive positive feedback from patients and we wish you all the best with your treatment.

Some long term patients may be entitled to assistance with car parking costs. Please contact our car parking manager on 020 7830 2345 for assistance.