"Appreciation of treatment episode"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Following an accident in the home on the 11th of November, falling down stairs, I was taken to the A&E department of Queens by ambulance with suspected back injury, from the moment the Paramedics arrived I received first class attention. In A&E i was triaged and treated by a doctor and attended by a Nurse, I can only describe the experience as exemplary, the staff recognized my embarrassment and treated me not only very professionally but with utmost empathy, dignity and respect. Although very busy I felt they took time to correctly review me and as a result of this diligence and skill of your X ray dept diagnosed a fractured vertebrae. I have subsequently attended the fracture clinic on the 19th November and seen by a consultant who again afforded me excellent review and treatment detecting further problems with my neck and onward referral to your bone specialist. I would like to offer my personal appreciation and thanks to all staff concerned and gratitude to the departments in general.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Thank you for your comments; we aim to treat all our patients in a manner that they would expect to be treated, with dignity and respect at all times. We will share your comments with the teams that were involved with your care and once again thank you.