"cardiac visit"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I went to see the cardiologist -refered by my doctor, he took me off 3 of my medications- subsequently I was in acute discomfort and when I went to the gp he said " if I had waited another 3 days without my medication I would of suffered heart failure and been back in hospital" as my lungs we full of water that my heart had not pumped away. The cardiologist i saw was not my normal one and had not read my notes thoroughly as my left artery is blocked from a previous heart attack and causes fluid build up in my lungs. I have since had 2 tests that have proved slight heart malfunction.Having a third of your heart dead tissue is far from mild and causes daily life tiresome. i also complianed during one test of having pains in my left arm and they wrote it down as breathless - not upto the usual standard.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry to hear of your experience please will you contact us so we can investigate further

Please contact us on 419 5678 or you can email on pcs@stockport.nhs.uk or you can write to me at Patient and Customer Services, Poplar Suite, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. Stepping Hill Hospital. Stockport. SK2 7JE

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager