"The system here has failed me"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I'm 17 and I'm Narcoleptic. Now I've had 4 missed appointment, my diagnosis for an eye condition led to 14 appointments and the belief I had a brain tumour. Went to Leeds hospital and got diagnosed and discharged in 30 minuets. Doing my A-levels now and in a month my medication runs out. so today I went for my appointment and the doctor had not turned up and left no covering doctor. Therefore I am here with no appointment, my meds about to run out, my parents pockets are empty because of travel and parking costs and taking time off work. I also need this appointment so I can show the DVLA I'm fine to drive- waited 4 months already to get a provisional driving licence and now it will be delayed because the doctor didn't show up. My disorder means that I find it very hard to stay awake and therefore one appointment after another is not healthy for me and I struggle. I feel this system has failed me over and over and would not recommend the hospital to anyone else. If I was a doctor here I'd be ashamed because it is there duty to their patients to look after their well being and health- yet very soon I shall run out of medicine that allows me to function and if I don't get any by next 3 weeks then I will not be able to go back onto it.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We would be pleased to investigate this experience if the patient would like to contact us directly.