"Stay after surgery on Tolgus"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

I recently spent 4 nights on Tolgus after surgery. The staff were amazingly caring and sympathetic. The ward routine was cheerful and every care was given to make sure that you were part of the decision making process. Even the food was better than I expected! The only part I would change was the discharge process which was a bit chaotic. The discharge letter was sent on to the gp, and I was not clear about what to expect or need at home. In the end I had to go back to my doctor the next day to get the right medication and guidance. It would have been better to have been given some time with a discharge nurse to check through everything g before I left. But I cannot speak highly enough of the day and night staff and the care which was brilliant. Thank you.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleased you were with your care. We'll make sure your comments are passed onto the team on Tolgus Ward. We'll also pick up your comments about the discharge process to make sure information is clearer.