About: Horton General Hospital

Disgusted with the day care team at the maternity unit . Went to visit my sister she gave birth to her first child having no experience in breastfeeding the day staff did not help her at all! I witnesses the staff being blunt and didn't seem to give any interest in any off my sisters concerns and issues she was just brushed off ... staff were too keen to get back to they chat In they little staff room . In the hour I was there not once did any staff member come round to ask how she was doing and if she needed any help knowing she had a traumatic labour! I've never felt so disgusted! Its not like they were busy the ward my sister was in it was empty it was just her in there and the next ward only had 1 lady , so they weren't rushed of the feet with to patients!

Response from Horton General Hospital

Thank you for your comments relating to the care received by your sister when she was at the Horton General Hospital having her first baby. I am sorry that your sister did not have the care she was expecting and we would be very happy to look into any concerns she may have. If she would like us to do this, she can contact us on 01865 221728 and a Complaint Co-ordinator will be happy to discuss the complaint process with her, or she can email us at complaints@ouh.nhs.uk.